Friday, 27 February 2009

Personal Statement



For the duration of my University degree, I studied a course in Film and Media. I chose this as my passion has always been with the film and television industry, as well as a great interest within the media -such as magazines, celebrities, and national/international news broadcasting. During my first year of University, alongside my single honours course in Film and Media Studies I also completed a one year course in Graphic design. I chose this as I thought it would be a good insight into the basics of product design and advertising as well as experiencing the methods used to create such products and appeal to a variety of audience demographics.
Throughout my years at school I have been involved in many activities such as football, netball, and basketball teams, swimming, and also competing twice in the inter school sports days for javelin throwing and relay. This, I feel, shows my love for sport and fitness and I think activities such as these have developed my skills as a team player. I have also been involved in ‘Performing arts’ evenings for both music and drama. I enjoy performing in productions like these and feel it shows my enthusiastic and creative personality. I have attended kickboxing classes and have learned to play musical instruments such as the recorder, clarinet, and the drums. In my free time I have always enjoyed entertaining others, playing sports, and attending the gym regularly.
During work experience, I helped a clearout at Manchester House Chambers which involved a lot of cleaning, shifting, carrying, and teamwork. This experience has helped me to further develop my social skills in working as a team. In addition, I have worked at C. Cheadle & Sons bakery in Rawtenstall during my first participation of work experience in May 2003. I was then invited back to work there over the following summer, which I believe shows that I am hard working and easy to get along with. Here I acquired a great deal of responsibility when both handling money and taking/preparing orders. It was also a good opportunity to develop my organization skills further. I later aquired a weekend position at Clinton Cards Ltd. I feel that all these experiences have improved my confidence, social skills, and responsibility. I enjoyed the opportunity to develop communication skills when dealing with authority figures and colleagues.
I consider myself a very committed and hard-working person, and always try my best at whatever I do. At school I have always been reliable and punctual having always handed my work in on time due to effective time-management and prioritising my tasks. I am honest, helpful, and consider myself a friendly person in general. I am also a very self-sufficient individual as I have been used to doing a lot of things for myself from a young age.
I hope that you will consider accepting me as part of your team, as I would look forward to the chance of proving myself as an exceptional member of your employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment